Wednesday 3 August 2011

Jessie J to shave head


Jessie J has announced her intention to shave her head next year to raise money for charity.

In a series of tweets, the Essex-born singer revealed that she was feeling "reflective and emotional" and wanted to help those less fortunate than her.

The Price Tag singer wrote: "I have decided I will be shaving my head next year to raise money for charity," she wrote. "To me its just hair, to those suffering its a chance to live. I am feeling so reflective & emotional. I just want to say to every fan of mine who has thanked me for helping them - I am so proud of all of you. Music is not just to dance to its to also heal [sic]."

Speaking about her decision to shave her head, she said: "Its hair, It will grow back. Even if it takes two years, if it saves lives its worth it. Even if its one life that's something."
Jessie J recently revealed that she had her own health scare five years ago, when she suffered a minor stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment