Tuesday 27 September 2011

Little black book: Gaby Basora







La Lancha. Guatemala
Dream vacation? Stay in a casita at Francis Ford Coppola's resort in Guatemala, which overlooks a lake and has simple but delightful rooms and top-notch spa services. There's little to do but relax. coppolaresorts.com
Leila's Shop, London E2
I once had the pleasure of a fabulous private dinner at this Shoreditch cafe. I was leaving by train for Paris the following morning and Leila sent me off with a basket of my favourite sweet tortas from Spain and fresh oranges. 020 7729 9789
Iris , New York
Hands down, the best shoes in the city. The store stocks designs by Veronique Branquinho and Viktor & Rolf - as well as hard-to-find shoes from high-profile collections such as ChloƩ. There's a shop in London, too. irisshoes.com
Belstaff, London W1
An iconic British brand that has been going since 1924, with a rich history and a phoenix logo representing optimism and perseverance. I particularly love a boot they make called the Agnes Slim Lady. I want a pair in every colour. belstaff.net
Mishka, Buenos Aires
I have found beautiful leather brogues with tassels at this fabulous little shop, which is an insider secret for stylish travellers in the city. mishkashoes.com.ar
Fifi Chachnil, Paris
It's funny that it was a straight male friend of mine who tipped me off about Fifi's amazing lingerie. Her boutiques are a dream - there is also one in Knightsbridge - and her collections always delightful. boutique-fifichachnil.com
Spree, Paris
Recommended to me by a magazine editor, this store in Montmartre has Pierre Hardy shoes, gorgeous art photos and unique mid-century modern furniture - all in a fabulous setting. spree.fr

No comments:

Post a Comment